Uniform and Other Accessories
ISB is a secular institution. So, no student is allowed to display his / her religious affinity in behaviour or attitude. Any nonconformity from the agreed uniform is unaccepted. Parents are requested to monitor the turn-out of their wards in the morning before they set off to school.
Points to remember: -
- Students are expected to keep their appearance neat & tidy.
- The school uniform should be worn when attending school and representing the school at functions outside school.
- Students should always be dressed in the prescribed school uniform or games dress, wherever applicable.
- Informal dress is permitted only on certain excursions/expeditions/outings.
- All the buttons, except the top one, of the shirt, will be fastened.
- Clothes and shoes not of the regulation pattern, or, in any way, unsuitable, will not be allowed.
- Students are allowed to wear coloured clothes on their birthdays. However, please note the clothes have to be formal, befitting a school.
- Students should always be dressed in the complete prescribed school uniform or games uniform (wherever applicable) whenever attending the school.
- All students are expected to wear school uniform on all occasions, including Parents Facilitator Meeting or whenever engaged in school-related activities outside the school.
- Ankle socks are not permitted, and shoes shall be neat and polished.
- Colouring of hair is strictly prohibited.
KG to Grade 2 Boys and Girls
Grade 3 to 10 Boys and Girls
- Headscarf Black or Navy Blue or white hairband – Plain white/black only.
- Girls are permitted to wear small earrings. They are not permitted to wear any fancy jewelry/ gold ornaments, hanging earrings, second stud, finger rings, and nose rings.
- Eye make-up or any other kind of makeup is not permitted in the school.
- Girls should tie up their hair (if short) or plait with a black elastic hairband.
- Girls should wear white leggings or white plain stockings covering their calf muscles. The skirt should be at least 2inch below the knee.
- Girls as per the activity or otherwise must wear white or black leggings only.
- Girls are permitted to wear black inners with a full sleeve while wearing PE T-shirts.
- The scarves and leggings/bloomers worn should be in white.
- Boys are not permitted to wear earrings, chains, bracelets, wrist bands, or rings.
- Skinny and low waist trousers are not permitted.
- Boys are expected to have a proper haircut. They are not permitted to sport long sideburns/beards while they are in school. The boys must keep their hair short and well-groomed.
- All boys must have a regulation haircut (sideburns and long hair on the nape, mushroom cut, crew cut, etc. are forbidden). Beard or stubble is not permitted.
- No student is expected to wear a cap except during outdoor activities.
House Uniform should be worn every Tuesday.